Pages

Apr 26, 2012

Crab Cakes!!!

Hi guys!!!

I had crab cakes a few months ago in a restaurant for the first time. I should say, I kind of felt bad for not having tried it for so long. I mean, I love sea food but I have never really enjoyed crab when my mom used to cook them back home. The main reason being that I found it REEEEEEEALLY difficult to crack the shell and taste the very little meat present. The curry used to be too good but still I was not a great fan. But, when I found that people here cook dishes with just the meat and infact we find crab meat cleaned in the stores, I could not stop myself from trying the crab cakes at home.

I wanted to make the crab cakes quite like how it is prepared in restaurants here. And by that I mean, no Indian spices. This meat could be used to prepare cutlets just like we prepare fish cutlets with all our glorious spices. But I went for the authentic crab cakes recipe. And with the meat all cleaned and prepared, it is indeed a piece of cake to prepare these tummy-pleasing crab cakes.

Now lets see the recipe.

Ingredients:

Crab meat - 1/2 lb
Mayonnaise - 2 tbsp
Bread crumbs - 1/4 cup (approx.) + to dip before frying
Salt - 1 tsp
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Green bell peppers - 1/4 cup chopped
Onion - 1/4 cup chopped
Oil - 1 tbsp + for frying



Procedure:

1. Heat the 1 tbsp oil and cook the onions and bell peppers till they turn soft.
2. Now add the crab meat and other ingredients to this and mix well. Add the bread crumbs gradually to get  the right consistency.
3. Divide the mixture into golf ball sized portions and flatten them into patties. Now keep the prepared patties in the refrigerator for an hour. This helps to set the patties well.
4. After an hour, heat the oil on medium flame and deep fry after dipping them in bread crumbs. Fry both sides till golden brown.

Serve hot with ketchup or mayonnaise!!!

2 comments:

  1. wow..you've made perfect crab cakes!! They look really tasty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...