Pages

Apr 10, 2012

Cheese and Onion Puffs!!!

Hi guys!!!

I have always loved puffs, whatever the filling may be. Everytime I go out with my mom around the tea time in the evening we stop at some local bakery and grab a few puffs (veg or egg) to accompany the tea or coffee that we manage to get on time. That used to be a regular thing we did on our day outs. Ahhhh... I miss my mom and our day outs :-(

Anyways, back to the puffs. I have always wanted to try making puffs at home. The task cannot be any more simplified with the ready-made pastry sheets that are available here. I have also bookmarked a few sites and videos that explained how to achieve good pastry sheets at home. I am definitely going to try them but not yet. I certainly am not a very patient person and these ready-made sheets come in handy.

The first time I had cheese and onion puff was here in the UK. They are available at every bakery and even in the baker sections of the big supermarkets. They taste just great and is relatively easy to prepare too.

Lets see the recipe.
Makes 4 puffs

Jus-Rol Pastry sheet - 1 no
Onion - 1 big / Onion powder - 1 or 11/2 tsp
Cheese - 1 cup grated
Salt - a pinch
Pepper powder - 1 tsp



Procedure:

1. Roll out the pastry sheet as per instructions and cut them into 4 rectangular pieces.
2. Mix the onions, cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 200C.
4. In each piece of the pastry sheet place enough cheese and onion mixture and seal them around by folding over.
5. Bake this for 15-20 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Mine took close to 17 minutes.

Serve with ketchup. Makes a great accompaniment for tea.

2 comments:

  1. I always keep looking for different recipes that I can try out as tea time snacks. I have tried different puff recipes earlier but this one seems a bit different. Can’t wait to try the recipe. I hope the puffs turn out good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...