Pages

Jun 20, 2012

Prawn Pulao!!!

Hi guys!!!

It was a while since I cooked a dish using prawns and it did not occur to me until my husband mentioned it when we were shopping our groceries. The next day I decided to prepare something with prawns for lunch. I long wanted to try prawn pulao and I thought I will give it a go. The recipe is very simple yet the pulao turns out to be a great lunch!!!

Now lets see the recipe.

Ingredients:

Basmati Rice - 2 cups
King Prawns - 15 -20
Onion - 1
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Fennel powder - 1/2 tsp
Bay leaves - 2
Cinnamon - 1/2" stick
Cloves - 5
Cardamom - 2
Corriander & Mint leaves - a buunch
Salt - as per taste
Oil / Ghee - 1 tbsp

To grind:
Ginger - 1/2"
Garlic - 3 cloves
Green chillies - 2
Whole black pepper - 1/2 tsp



Procedure:

1. Grind the ingredients under "to grind" into a coarse paste and keep it ready.
2. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add all the whole spices and let it sizzle. Next add the onions and the ground paste.
3. Immediately add the cleaned prawns and keep mixing well on medium heat till the prawn is cooked.
4. Add the turmeric and fennel powders, salt and 3 cups of water. Finally add the rice and the corriander and mint leaves.
5. Cook this under pressure for 10 minutes and turn off heat.

Serve hot with raita!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy, I love it and want to have it right now but sadly my wife doesn't like prawns. Will be keeping the recipe with me and try this out when she will be away :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...