Pages

Jun 22, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes!!!

Hi guys!!!

Pancakes can be a very satisfying breakfast that can be whipped up in no time. I have not been much of a pancake person mainly 'coz I think it is too many calories. But once a week can not be a problem right??? I had a pack of blueberries that I bought with the intention of munching on as mid-day snack and was lying around in the fridge for a while now. So, I thought I'd try to use some of it by making pancakes.

When I was looking for recipes for pancakes, most of them called for buttermilk. Since I had no buttermilk at home I just used milk. I guess curd should also work. I have had pancakes before but this recipe resulted in soft, buttery and fluffy pancakes. Hands down the best pancakes I have ever had!!!

Now lets see the recipe.

Ingredients:
Makes 6 medium sized pancakes

All-purpose flour - 3/4 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Salt - a pinch
Sugar - 2 tbsp (was a bit on the sweeter side, adjust accordingly)
Butter - 2 tbsp (melted) + to butter the pan to cook every pancake
Egg - 1
Milk - 1/4 cup
Blueberries - 1 cup



Procedure:

1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Melt the butter and keep it ready. Whisk the egg lightly and keep that handy too.
2. Add the egg to the dry mixture, followed by the butter. Mix well. Add the milk in portions and mix thoroughly. A few lumps are OK.
3. The batter should be like the idli batter. That is, it should not be runny.
4. Heat the pan on medium flame and butter it thoroughly. Scoop a ladle of the batter onto the pan. Do not spread it coz it will spread when u add the blueberries.
5. Add the blueberries on top and wait for bubbles to appear on the top side.
6. Flip over carefully when you see the bubbles. This usually takes about 2-3 minutes. Cook the other side for about a minute. It cooks faster on the other side.
7. Repeat the process till you finish the batter. Transfer to the plate and serve.

Serve with maple syrup or just with a dab of butter!!!

1 comment:

  1. My kids just love to have Blueberry Pancakes. Thank you for sharing the recipe, now I can make pancakes at home. I am going to follow your all the upcoming blogs now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...