Pages

Jun 21, 2012

Crab Meat & Prawn Masala!!!

Hi guys!!!

This is a dish I prepared quite a while ago. I had bought a pack of crab meat to prepare Crab cakes and I could not finish the entire pack. I had put it in the fridge and forgot about it for a couple of days. When I took out the prawns to prepare my usual Prawn Masala and was not very happy with the idea of preparing the same dish again, it struck me that I had some crab meat left in the fridge. I decided to combine both the ingredients and come up with a good sea food mash-up curry. It was a success 'coz we both loved it so much :-)

Now lets see the recipe.

Ingredients:

Crab meat - 200 gms
King prawns - 15
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1 big
Ginger & garlic paste - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Corriander powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon - 1" stick
Cloves - 5 or 6
Cardamom - 2
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Salt - as per taste
Oil - 2 tbsp



Procedure:

1. Heat oil in a kadai and add all the whole spices and let them sizzle. Now add the chopped onions, followed by ginger garlic paste and tomatoes.
2. Cook till they turn mushy and combine to form a paste and the oil starts to ooze.
3. Now add the prawns and keep mixing till it lets out all the moisture and is almost cooked.
4. Add all the masala powders except garam masala. Mix well and add salt and check the salt and spices. Now add the crab meat and mix thoruoughly.
5. When the masala has been absorbed by the meat and the curry has lost all raw smell, add the garam masala and mix well. This should take about 10 minutes. Switch off heat and serve.

Tastes great when served hot with steamed rice or rotis!!!

1 comment:

  1. Prawns are love but sadly no one likes it at my home. But who cares, I love it and I will try this out. Thank you for sharing the recipe with us

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...