Pages

Jun 26, 2012

Creamy Chicken Macaroni - With Green Beans & Peppers!!!

Hi guys!!!

I picked up an Italian cook book recently intending to try professional dishes more often. The recipes are simple and I am sure I am going to be trying out a lot of Italian recipes. The day I picked up the book I wanted to prepare some kind of pasta for dinner and when I was browsing through the book I realized that almost every recipe uses wine, vinegar and few other ingredients that I generally do not have in my kitchen. So I just adapted a basic chicken pasta recipe with quite a few modifications and came up with this creamy macaroni dish.

Now lets see the recipe.

Ingredients:

Macaroni - 1 cup (uncooked)
Chicken - 200 gms (boneless)
Onion - 1
Garlic - 3 cloves
Green Bell Pepper - 1
Green beans - 10-12
Butter - 3 tbsp
Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
Dried oregano - 1/2 tsp
Heavy cream - 1/2 cup
Grated cheese - 1/4 cup (Cheddar/Parmesan)
Salt - as per taste
Ground pepper - 1/2 tsp



Procedure:

1. Marinate the chicken with salt and pepper and leave it aside for about 15 minutes. Cook the macaroni as per pack instructions and keep it ready. (You can use any other type of pasta as well)
2. Heat the butter in a wide deep bottomed vessel and add the chopped onion, garlic, green beans and bell pepper. Keep mixing till they are almost cooked.
3. Now add the chicken pieces and saute till it turns white. The chicken lets out some moisture in which the beans has to be cooked by now.
4. Add the heavy cream, italian seasoning, oregano, salt and ground pepper now. Keep stirring to avoid sticking. When the mixture is hot add the grated cheese and mix till it melts.
5. Check the salt and spices and finally add the cooked macaroni. Mix thoroughly and switch off heat.

Serve hot with some tomato ketchup or just as is!!!


4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...