Pages

May 14, 2012

Sweet Chilli Prawn Sauce!!!

Hi guys!!!

OOOOOOH... Long time!!! Right from the start of the month I have not been able to find the time to blog. The reason being that every weekend we have been out having fun with friends and the weekdays just flew away with the shopping for my birthday and my birthday itself!!! Yeah, I turned 26 last week!!! One step closer to the big Three-O!!! Fine let me not grind on that now. Although, I could not get myself to sit at home and post recipes here, I did cook some new dishes 'coz Ganesh was home most of the days and religiously clicked them for the blog :-)

This Sweet Chilli Prawn sauce is my attempt to reproduce a similar dish that I had in a theme park recently. After all the amazing rides I was so hungry and could not settle for a burger or anything similar. So I decided to try the Chinese food. I ordered rice with sweet chilli chicken sauce. It was so delicious and my husband who just tried it said with his mouthful "You gotta try this at home". And yes I did!!! The following week when thinking about preparing something nice for dinner I decided noodles and sweet chilli sauce would be great!!! I had to use prawns 'coz there was no chicken at home. The recipe turned out great and we enjoyed every single bit of it.

The recipe itself is very simple and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare this satisfying meal. Now lets see the recipe.



Ingredients:

King Prawns(cleaned and deveined) - 15
Onion - 1
Bell peppers - 1
Garlic - 3 cloves
Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
Sweet chilli sauce - 2 tbsp
(Not the Maggi sauce. Use the oriental variety)
Salt - as per taste
Seasme/Regular cooking oil - 1 tbsp

Procedure:

1. Heat the oil in a wok and add the chopped onions, peppers and garlic. Saute till they turn soft.
2. Now add the prawns and saute till they are cooked completely. Next add the soy sauce and the sweet chilli sauce. Mix well and add salt if necessary.
3. Add chopped spring onions and switch off heat when the sauce is well incorporated with the prawns.

Serve hot with steamed rice or noodles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...