Pages

May 14, 2012

Jeera Rice!!!

Hi guys!!!

Jeera rice is my favorite dish when it comes to a main course idea to accompany any veg or non-veg subji. I used to have it with dal all the time when working in Mumbai. Last weekend, I was thinking so hard trying to come up with a perfect lunch menu. I did not wanna prepare biryani. So, I decided I will go for Jeera rice. We had it with Aloo Gobi Masala and it was a great meal!!!

The recipe is so easy and yet can be a great addition to any meal. Now lets see the recipe.



Ingredients:

Basmati Rice - 2 cups
Cumin Seeds/Jeera - 2 tbsp
Salt - as per taste
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Water - 3 cups

Procedure:

1. Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds and let them sizzle. Next add the rice and keep frying them for a couple of minutes.
2. Now add the water and salt. Close the lid and let it cook under pressure for 10 minutes.

Serve hot with dal or veg/non-veg curry!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thats a nice presentation :)
    http://lavanyasrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...