Pages

May 8, 2012

Morkuzhambu / Buttermilk Curry!!!

Hi guys!!!

Morkuzhambu is one of my favorite vegetarian curries. The recipe is very simple and the dish somehow seems very sophisticated to me. That might sound ridiculous but everytime I prepare this curry, it does not make me think that I am lazy for having prepared such an easy dish. Instead, it makes me feel like I am about to have an elegant meal :-)

You can use different veggies like okra, brinjal, chayote etc. Or just prepare it plain and that is awesome too. I used okra in my curry. Now lets see the recipe.

Ingredients:

Ingredients 1:
Raw rice - 4 tbsp
Toor dal - 2 tbsp
Corriander seeds - 1 tbsp

Ingredients 2:
Shredded coconut - 1/4 cup
Ginger - 1/2"
Green chillies - 2

Curd - 1/3 cup
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Salt - as per taste
Oil - 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - a bunch
Okra (or any veggies) - 1/2 cup (optional)



Procedure:

1. Heat the oil and shallow fry the chopped okra and keep aside.
2. Soak the items listed under ingredients 1 for half and hour and grind them along with ingredients 2 into a fine paste. Add the curd to the paste and give it a pulse to smoothen the curd as well.
3. Now use the same oil used for frying the okra and heat it on medium flame. Add the mustard seeds and when they splutter add the curry leaves.
4. Next add the ground curd mixture and keep stirring to avoid sticking to the bottom. Add sufficient water to achieve required consistency. Add the turmeric powder and salt and keep stirring till raw smell leaves.
5. Finally add the fried okra and give it a mix. Switch off heat and serve hot with rice.


1 comment:

  1. Do visit my space. Its showering award time :)
    http://lavanyasrecipes.blogspot.com/2012/05/award-time-lets-celebrate.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...