Pages

Aug 29, 2012

Egg Puffs!!!

Hi guys!!!

With the easy availability of the ready-made pastry sheets here, I tend to prepare puffs frequently. No one can deny the fact that puffs are amazing with the evening tea. I have tried the usual versions of the puffs - the veg, egg and chicken. I have been wanting to try a jam and sweetened coconut filled version for a long time. Something close to the Danish pastries. Will try that soon and post it too :-)

Egg puffs has always been my favorite. Everytime I went out with my mom shopping we make sure that we get something to munch on around the tea time. It is either samosas or puffs. And when it is puffs I always settle for egg puffs. With the pastry sheet available ready the effort required to prepare puffs is minimal.

Now lets see the recipe.

Ingredients:
Makes 6 puffs

Pastry sheet - 1 rolled out
Eggs - 3 boiled
Onion - 1 big
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - a small bunch
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Corriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Chaat masala - 1 tsp
Amchur powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - as per taste
Oil - 1 tbsp



Ingredients:

1. Boil the eggs and slice them in halves once ready. Roll out the pastry sheet and cut them in 6 portions.
2. Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds when hot. When they splutter add the chopped onion and curry leaves. Saute till the onions turn soft.
3. Add all the masala powders and salt and mix well till the raw smell leaves.
4. Finally add the halved boiled eggs and mix well to incorporate the masala.
5. Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place the filling with the eggs placed on top of the onion mixture. Close the ends and seal well.
6. Bake for about 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven until the top turns golden brown.

Serve hot with tea/coffee!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Egg Puff is my favorite breakfast item. I really like to have it in my breakfast or in brunch. My mom used to cook it for me as I don't know cooking. but, after seeing this recipe I will try myself to cook it someday

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...